Mariabackup backup - account
Last updated: Jul 18, 2022
Colleagues hello to all.
In today's article, we'll talk about what MariaDB user you need in order for Mariabackup to backup your database. Mariabackup needs to be authorized on the database server when a backup operation is performed.
The username can be absolutely anything, but it is not publicly customary to call such a user the same name as the program is called, mariabackup. The user must be local.
Create a user:
mariadb> CREATE USER 'mariabackup'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'Qwerty123';
After the user mariabackup has been created, now it needs to be assigned the necessary rights.
mariadb> GRANT RELOAD, PROCESS, LOCK TABLES, BINLOG MONITOR, REPLICATION CLIENT ON *.* TO 'mariabackup'@'localhost';
- RELOAD - makes it possible to execute the FLUSH command.
- PROCESS - allows you to view active processes, SHOW PROCESSLIST.
- LOCK TABLES - allows you to lock tables.
- BINLOG MONITOR - allows you to view binary logs.
- REPLICATION CLIENT - allows you to execute the SHOW BINARY LOGS command.
After all that we have done now we can try to create our first backup of the MariaDB database, you can see how to do it in my article Mariabackup backup and restore
Thank you all, I hope that my article helped you in some way.